4 large portobello mushroom caps
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 TBS minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz. thinly sliced Provolone cheese
1. Cut stems off mushrooms, and place smooth side up in shallow dish.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, basil, oregano, garlic, and salt and pepper. Pour over mushrooms. Let stand at room temperature for around 15 minutes or so, turning twice.
3. Preheat grill for medium high heat.
4. Brush grate with oil. Place mushrooms on the grill over medium high heat, reserving marinade for basting. Grill for 5 to 8 minutes on each side, or until tender. Brush with marinade frequently. Top with cheese, if desired, during the last 2 minutes of grilling.
6 C chicken broth, divided
3 TBS olive oil, divided
1 lb. portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 shallots, diced
1 1/2 C arborio rice
1/2 dry white wine
sea salt to taste
freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 TBS butter
1/3 C freshly grated parmesan cheese
1. In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
2. Warm 2 TBS olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until the broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 30 min