- 2 cups fresh flat leaf parsley, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano leaves (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (optional)
- 3-6 cloves of garlic (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1/2-3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (or to taste)
- Kosher salt and red pepper flakes to taste
- lse the garlic and onion in the food processor and pulse just until until finely chopped.
- Add the parsley, oregano, and cilantro (if using) and pulse briefly, just until the herbs are finely chopped.
- Transfer the mixture to a separate bowl. Add the olive oil, lime juice, and vinegar, and stir. (Adding the liquids outside of the blender gives the chimichurri the correct texture. You don’t want the herbs to be completely puréed, just finely chopped).
- Season with salt and red pepper flakes to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.