1 c diced seedless watermelon
1 c cored and diced heirloom tomatoes
2 TBS thinly diced shallots
1 TBS hot sauce
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 TBS honey
2 TBS chopped basil leaves
1/2 c crumbled goat-milk feta cheese
1. Combine watermelon, tomatoes and shallots in a bowl. Crush the tomatoes a but with your hands to provide a little extra juice.
2. Add hot sauce, lemon juice, and honey. Season with salt, and garnish with basil and feta. Then serve with tortilla chips and pretzels.
Hint: If you have any left over, serve it over grilled chicken for dinner.
1 TBS vegetable oil
1 tsp mustard seed (optional)
1 tsp cumin seed
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 TBS grated fresh ginger
4 c grated zucchini
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
salt to taste
4 (10″) flour tortillas
4 fresh chives
1/2 c sour cream (optional)
1. In a medium size wok or saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add mustard and cumin seeds. As they begin to pop, lower the heat and add the onion and ginger. Saute until onions are soft and light pink in color.
2. Add the shredded zucchini, increase the heat slightly. Stir frequently until the zucchini gets soft and well-cooked, approximately 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the chili powder, pepper, clove, cinnamon, and salt.
3. Warm the tortillas and place the tortillas on a flat surface. Place 1/4 of the zucchini filling in the center of each tortilla. Roll up each tortilla and tie it closed with a chive. You can serve the wrap with a dollop of sour cream on the side, it makes for a well rounded wrap.
black turtle beans
mexican cheese mix
1. place all filling ingredients (except cilantro and beans) on a warm skillet. cook together.
2. add beans. cook another three minutes.
3. warm tortillas, either in a skillet or an oven.
4. pour filling mix down center of tortilla.
5. add cheese, allowing it to melt.