3 eggplants, about 1 pound each, trimmed and cut lengthwise into slices 1/4 inch thick (about 16 slices total)
¾ cup olive oil, or as needed
8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup pine nuts
⅓ cup raisins, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes until plump, then drained
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, more for drizzling
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 ½ teaspoons dried mint
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley leaves
1 large egg, beaten
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 ½ cups drained canned crushed tomatoes
1 large ball fresh mozzarella in 1/4-inch slices
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Place a ridged cast-iron skillet or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brush eggplant slices on both sides with olive oil and cook, turning, until soft and (if using a ridged pan) crisscrossed with grid marks. Set aside and allow to cool.
2. In a large bowl, combine feta, pine nuts, raisins, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, bread crumbs, garlic, lemon zest, mint and parsley. Mix in egg, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
3. Spread eggplant slices on a surface, and divide stuffing evenly among them, placing 1 to 2 tablespoons at one end of each slice. Roll up slices tightly to secure filling, and place in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish (or other shallow baking pan in which rolls fit snugly in a single layer).
4. Pour crushed tomatoes on top of eggplant rolls. Arrange mozzarella slices in a line lengthwise down center of pan. Drizzle olive oil evenly over pan, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Bake until cheese has melted and eggplant is bubbling and fragrant, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes. Serve hot.
2 stalks celery
2 russet potatoes
1 yellow onion
1 bunch chives
1 clove garlic
1. Peel the carrot; cut in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Small dice the celery. Peel and medium dice the potatoes. Peel and small dice the onion and garlic. Thinly slice the chives.
2. In a large pot, heat 2 tsp olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the carrot, celery, potatoes, onion, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 9 minutes, or until slightly softened.
3. Add the spices to the pot of vegetables. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add 3 1/2 cups of water; season with salt and pepper. Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 17 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork. Turn off the heat. Using a spoon, carefully mash the potatoes against the side of the pot to achieve your desired consistency: stir to thoroughly combine.
4. Garnish with chives.
1 large egg
1 1/2 C cannellini beans
3 cloves garlic
1/2 lb broccoli
1/4 C panko breadcrumbs
1. Wash and dry the vegetables. Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Drain and rinse the beans; transfer to a large bowl and mash with a fork. Peel and mince the garlic.
2. In a large pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the broccoli; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the beans, minced garlic and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 4 minutes, or until the beans begin to brown. Add 3/4 c water; cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to 6 minutes, or until the water has cooked off. Transfer to a bowl. Wipe out the pan.
3. Add the egg and breadcrumbs to the bowl of cooked broccoli and beans; season with salt and pepper. Stir to thoroughly combine. Using your hands, gently form the mixture into two 1-inch-thick patties. Transfer to a plate. In the same pan, heat 1 tsp olive oil on medium high until hot. Add the patties and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until browned and cooked through. Leaving any browned bits (or fond) in the pan, transfer to a plate.
2 lbs boneless chicken breast
1/4 c yogurt
3 tsp minced ginger
3 tsp crushed garlic
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 cumin powder
1/4 tsp mace
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
3 TBS lemon juice
4 TBS vegetable oil
5 oz. tomato paste
10 oz. tomate puree
2 lbs. tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp green chilies
1 TBS red chili powder
2 tsp cloves
8 green cardamom pods
3 TBS butter
2/3 c cream
1 tsp fenugreek
2 tsp ginger, julienned
1. Whisk all of the ingredients in Part I together in a large bowl. A breast, cut into 2″ cubes. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator to 350 degrees F. Bake the chicken for 8 minutes, basting with butter and excess marinade and bake for another 2 minutes.
2. While doing this, make the sauce in Part II. Deseed and chop green chilies, tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato puree in a pot and a little water. Add ginger and garlic paste, green chilies, red chili powder, cardamoms, and salt. Cook over low heat until reduced to a thick sauce. Bring to a boil. Add butter and cream. Add honey, fenugreek and ginger juliennes, and finally the chickens.
1/4 onion, chopped
1/4 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1/2 c skim milk
1/4 c chicken broth
2 1/4 tsp all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
2 TBS grated parmesan cheese
1/4 lb fettuccini
2 lb broccoli
1. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and saute until golden brown.
2. In a small saucepan, stir together milk, chicken broth, flour, salt, and pepper over low heat until smooth and thick. Stir into onion mixture. Continue to cook over medium low heat, stirring frequently, until the sauce is thick. Stir in parmesan cheese.
3. Meanwhile, boil broccoli in boiling water. After several minutes, add pasta.
4. Drain the pasta and broccoli, and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with sauce. Serve.
1 lb unpeeled red potatoes, quartered
2 1/2 oz. butter, room temperature
1 oz. romano cheese, grated
1 TBS chopped garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 45 minutes; drain. Stir in butter, cheese, garlic, salt, and oregano. Mash with a potato masher or with an electric mixer.
2 c shredded mozzarella
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp pepper
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 (14 oz.) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
1/2 of 10 oz. package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a bowl, combine everything EXCEPT 1/2 c of the mozzarella, 2 TBS of parmesan cheese, and chips.
3. Spoon mixture into baking dish, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
4. Bake mixture at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until warm and bubbly.
5. Serve warm with chips.