1 egg lightly beaten
1 TBS sliced shallot
1 TBS chopped salted radish
1 handful rice stick noodle
1/4 c plus 2 TBS water
1 c fresh bean sprouts
1/4 c fresh chives, cut into one inch long pieces
1 TBS sugar
2 TBS chopped roasted peanut
vegetable oil for frying
1. Rinse the radish several times under cold water, gently squeezing off the water. Chop it and add a little bit of sugar to sweeten, mix well.
2. Soak the rice stick noodle in warm water for about 15 minutes, leave in water until you are ready to use.
3. Heat 1 TBS of oil in a wok at medium-high heat. Add egg and cook it quickly, scrambling into small pieces. Remove, set aside.
4. Add 1 TBS oil to the wok. Add shallot, radish and tofu fry until aromatic. Increase the heat of your wok. Add a handful of soaked noodles followed with water. Stir-fry this mixture for about 5-6 minutes. The noodles will start to get soft. Add 1/4 c of pad thai sauce and mix well. Add sugar, cooked egg, bean sprout, and chive. Stir well for another 1-2 minutes until everything blends together. Turn off heat, transfer to serving plate with sliced fresh lime, roasted peanuts, and more bean sprout on the side. Now dazzle your friends with the fact that your pad thai looks and tastes just as good as any restaurant.
5. You may add Thai chili powder, sugar, and crushed peanuts at the table on the side.