2 lbs boneless chicken breast
1/4 c yogurt
3 tsp minced ginger
3 tsp crushed garlic
1/4 tsp white pepper
1/4 cumin powder
1/4 tsp mace
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp turmeric
3 TBS lemon juice
4 TBS vegetable oil
5 oz. tomato paste
10 oz. tomate puree
2 lbs. tomatoes, chopped
2 tsp ginger paste
2 tsp garlic paste
2 tsp green chilies
1 TBS red chili powder
2 tsp cloves
8 green cardamom pods
3 TBS butter
2/3 c cream
1 tsp fenugreek
2 tsp ginger, julienned
1. Whisk all of the ingredients in Part I together in a large bowl. A breast, cut into 2″ cubes. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator to 350 degrees F. Bake the chicken for 8 minutes, basting with butter and excess marinade and bake for another 2 minutes.
2. While doing this, make the sauce in Part II. Deseed and chop green chilies, tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato puree in a pot and a little water. Add ginger and garlic paste, green chilies, red chili powder, cardamoms, and salt. Cook over low heat until reduced to a thick sauce. Bring to a boil. Add butter and cream. Add honey, fenugreek and ginger juliennes, and finally the chickens.
1 c diced seedless watermelon
1 c cored and diced heirloom tomatoes
2 TBS thinly diced shallots
1 TBS hot sauce
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 TBS honey
2 TBS chopped basil leaves
1/2 c crumbled goat-milk feta cheese
1. Combine watermelon, tomatoes and shallots in a bowl. Crush the tomatoes a but with your hands to provide a little extra juice.
2. Add hot sauce, lemon juice, and honey. Season with salt, and garnish with basil and feta. Then serve with tortilla chips and pretzels.
Hint: If you have any left over, serve it over grilled chicken for dinner.
1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle in adobo sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3/4 cup olive oil
1 cup tightly packed fresh cilantro leaves and stems
1. Combine the rice vinegar, lime juice, honey, garlic, chipotle and salt in a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade. With the machine running, gradually add the canola oil. Add the cilantro and process until the vinaigrette is smooth.
The recipe for Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette makes about 1 1/2 cups. Place extra dressing in an airtight jar and refrigerate for up to three days to use on other salads. Shake well before using.
8 slices 1/2 inch thick Cinnamon Raisin Bread
4 Tbsp melted butter
3/4 c milk
1/2 c heavy cream
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
1. For the French toast custard, combine using a hand whisk the milk, heavy cream, eggs, honey, vanilla extract and the salt. This custard can be made well in advance. Give a brisk stir before making the toast.
2. Transfer the custard to a casserole or open shallow dish for dipping.
3. Dip one slice into the custard and turn over after about 15 seconds. Transfer the slice to a plate while dipping another slice into the custard.
4. Place a large skillet on a medium fire. Allow the pan to heat thoroughly before pouting 1 Tbsp of the melted butter into the pan.
5. Place both slices carefully into the skillet and cook on each side until golden brown or about 2 minutes.
6. Repeat steps 3 – 5 until all the French toast is cooked.
7. An optional step is to place each finished French toast onto a baking sheet in a preheated oven until all are ready to serve.
Serve warm with real maple syrup.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 tsp vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add in 1/3 cup cocoa. 1/2 cup flour, salt and baking powder. Mix well. Spread batter into one 8×8 square baking pan.
4. Bake for 25 – 33 minutes. Do NOT overcook. These are better the next day.
5. To make frosting: Combine 3 Tbsp butter, 3 Tbsp cocoa, 1 Tbsp honey, 1 tsp vanilla nd 1 cup confectioner’s sugar. Frost brownies while they are still warm.
1 (3 pound) beef brisket, trimmed and cut in half
1 cup ketchup
1 small onion, chopped
1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
1 tablespoon prepared mustard or mustard seed
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Place the brisket in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or until tender.
Remove the beef; set aside. Pour the sauce into a saucepan; cook, uncovered, over low heat for 13-15 minutes or until reduced and thickened, stirring occasionally. Slice the meat across the grain; serve with sauce.