1 C sugar
1 1/2 C corn syrup (can use 1/2 dark and 1/2 light)
1/4 C butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 C pecans, coarsely broken
1. In a saucepan boil sugar and corn syrup together for 2 to 3 minutes; set aside to cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs lightly and very slowly pour the syrup mixture into the eggs, stirring constantly.
3. At this point, strain the mixture to make sure it’s smooth and lump free.
4. Stir in butter, vanilla, and pecans and pour into crust.
5. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for about 45 to 60 minutes or until set.
6. Allow to cool completely before slicing. Refrigerating overnight works best.