a bunch of scallions or 1 leek
2 garlic cloves
salt and pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tblsp. pomegranate paste/juice
a pack of tortillas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut slits in the eggplant. Cover it with aluminum foil and place it in the oven at 400 degrees F for an hour.
3. Boil enough water to cover your tomatoes. Toss the tomatoes in the boiled water until the skin begins to crack (approx. 1 min). Remove tomatoes and continue peeling their skin.
4. Chop tomatoes. Slice scallions or leek (white and green portions). Chop or juice garlic cloves. Juice lemon. Place in a salad bowl.
5. Pour pomegranate juice and a little bit of olive oil into the bowl.
6. When the eggplant is ready, remove from the oven. Skin the eggplant. Remove the stem and some of the seeds.
7. Chop the eggplant and place it in the salad bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients.
8. Let the salad chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
9. When ready to serve, add remaining olive oil and mix again.
10. Tastes very good with toasted tortilla. Just dip the tortilla in the salad and enjoy!